Tuesday, January 21, 2014

When it's Right

     I just had a young friend ask me about love, the advice I gave her sums up in this: when it's right he is patient. Real love does not force you. If he loves you he will wait until you are comfortable, and always be respectful of you. This what I have learned from experience, and ladies I'm not talking about sex specifically but in all areas of love, dating, and marriage; as I would hope you would be patient and understanding with him.
     I married the only man who showed me this, every step of the way during our courtship he asked permission so as not to make me uncomfortable. I had never been shown such respect before by anyone else I dated. I knew he loved me by the respect he showed me not by the words he said, though they were usually pretty wonderful words too. He earned my trust by being constantly aware and concerned for my well-being.  He never pushed or threatened. He simply waited patiently until I was ready to take that step in our relationship, even simple things like holding my hand or kissing me. He would ask, and wait patiently until I was ready too.
     A true love will not force you into uncomfortable situations, they won't make you feel guilty or wrong that you aren't ready for what they are. They will allow you to progress at a rate that is comfortable for you and be loving and supportive during that time. Don't ever allow yourself to give in because you think you are in love or that the only way they will love you back is if you do it what they want, that is not love! If you are only going to take a step to the next level  to make them love you, or because they say its the only way to prove your love for them, walk away. They will not love you because you give in, and they won't respect you either, they are only thinking about themselves and their wants.
      On the same note, do not pressure your partner to be the man or person you want them to, that is not love either. Instead pray for them, pray with them! Pray for God's blessings and guidance in your romantic journey together and to be the men and women God intended you to be. 

1 Corinthians  13:4
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment