Friday, January 17, 2014

Work from Home Mum

       Today I am happy to be leaving home and going to work for someone else. But I realize that there is a time that is fast approaching where I won't want to do that anymore. I know myself well enough to know that I could never be content as a house wife depending on my husband to provide solely for the family and lets be realistic, today in the US, thats pretty much inpossible, we need two incomes. And besides that, I need to make my own money. I need to feel as though I am contributing to the financial goals of my family. But I also know in my heart of hearts that I will not want to leave my child to care for someone else's, I know I am going to want to focus on my child. I know I will want to be with my baby and give them my undivided attention.
     A lot of women just accept that leaving and going to work is a neccasary thing. But that's not good enough for me. I know what I want and need to be happy. I believe that God can make it happen for me, but I need to put in the hard work, I need to be persistent. I need to pray and believe that if He put the desire and dream in my heart He will help me achieve it.
     So what's my plan? How am I going to work from home? How can that be possible to make enough to stay home? How can I replace my current income that I make as a nanny?
     Well, currently I'm working on this blog. This is one part of my plan. And since I'm not even expecting yet I have sometime to start collecting income from it, and build an audience. I also have my jewelry boutique, www.jennsjewelry1.kitsylane.com, this is also in the building process. I am currently making a small amount here and there off commission from this website. That's part two. Part three, publishing my books. I plan on publishing at least two books this year, one a collection of short stories that I have shared condensed versions of here, and the other a romance novel that I am working on. And if that's not enough I can always babysit a couple kids in my home. But I am hoping that I won't have to do that, this is my back up source of income. Part four of my plan is paying off ALL of my debt before we have a baby.
     I believe if I combine all of these, and work hard on them now before I even get pregnant that by the time I have the baby that it could be enough. I believe this because I know God, like all fathers, wants His children to be happy. He wants us to have what we desire, we just have to be willing to work for it, and appreciatitive of it. So with all that I am doing now, I thank Him. I thank Him for the dream, the opportunities, the support I have been provided with, and His blessing in achieving it. I really believe I can be a work from home mum, and that I can have the life I dream about.


Matthew 21:22
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment