Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hope in Suffering

     I had a kind of epiphany last night, I realized there is hope in suffering because determination during suffering bears fruit. I realized this when I thought back on my life and realized that any period of suffering I endured and made through without losing faith I received blessings that where more than my initial hope.  I have seen this in others lives too, when struggling they would hold on to their faith, believe that God would provide what they needed or wanted, and eventually it would come in a way bigger than ever imagined and usually just in the nick of time.
     I am coming to realize that God allows us to suffer in order to prepare us for the blessings.  Without the suffering the true value of the blessing could be lost. I am not saying He causes the suffering, suffering does not come from God, but he will allow us to endure it for the greater good. He will take that suffering, if we give it to Him, and allow it to refine our faith, and when it's needed most He will unleash the blessing on us and end the period suffering.
      The more I thought about this concept, and how I have seen it in my life and others, the more hope I got. I have hope in suffering. Hope that despite the circumstances of the moment He will work it all out for the greater good if I just keep faith, if I just keep going, if I just keep loving and serving  Him. If I do not let the suffering blind me from His love, there will be a blessing. It may not be what I expected, but it will be what I needed most.
      There is hope in suffering because God is watching and waiting for the perfect time to bring you out of it.

Romans 8:18
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is about to be revealed to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment