Sunday, January 26, 2014

Letting go and Accepting it

     Some people will leave a mark on our life that will never be erased. For a long time I have struggled with wanting to repair a friendship that I have to admit now, ended a long time ago. It was the kind of once in a lifetime friendship that's so hard to let go off. We were the best of friends, the kind where you could just feel what the other was thinking and knew exactly how to make them better. But some time after high school I wrecked it.
      I didn't realize it at the time, but I did. I picked the wrong friend when things got tough and weird.  I screwed up and paid for it dearly. I choose excitement over true friendship, now I see that. But eventually we decided we wanted to try again and be friends, when we tried to repair things though, we couldn't let go of the mistakes of the past and whenever we got together there was just a lot of tension. I felt guilty and she was still hurt and angry, and rightfully so. But we remained friends on Facebook. I was really happy about that. I loved to see her doing well, I sincerely took joy in her successes and I hope she continues to do well. She's a good person and deserves to be blessed!
      The other day though I noticed I wasn't getting updates from her anymore, so I checked my friends list and she was gone. She had unfriended and blocked me sometime in the last two weeks. It really hurt. I don't know why this happened, but I'm deciding to just accept this. I'm not going to chase after her again and try to repair things anymore. I still and always will love her as one of the best friends I ever had, but I am accepting its time to move on. This door is closed, and God has something else for us both in our future.
     Even as I write this I am still hurt, and I will miss being able to know she is well but I am putting my faith in God. I know He loves us both, and though the chapter in our lives where we know and need each other is over, I know he has great plans for us both! My heart is broken for the moment but I know it soon will be healed. Thank God for His comforts. And thank Him for the things to come in the future!

2 Corinthains 1:4
He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment