Monday, December 1, 2014

Credit Where Credit is Due

        I have this sign that sits on a shelf in my kitchen, that reads 'Today is a gift from God, what you do with it is your gift to Him'  just about every time I read that sign I ask myself, 'what have you done for God today? Did you praise Him, or give Him the glory, or did you talk to anyone about Him?' Each day that we are alive is a gift, and proof positive that we have purpose, but it's ultimately our choice what we do with it. If you are follower of Jesus Christ you should be deciding everyday to glorify the Father, everyday returning to Him the gift of your life with your obedience to Him. The bible says to do our work as if for the Father and not earthly masters (Colossians 3:23) and that is really what I am getting at here, that everything we do should be for Him, and glorify Him.
       I've been feeling like I should write about this for a while now, but I haven't known just what to say until today. What I want to say is it is important that we never lose sight of the fact that anything we are capable of doing or any area that we are gifted in is a gift from God, the glory and the talent are not truly ours. God formed us in our mother's womb (Jeremiah 1:5), He knew what he planned for us and what gifts or talents, and experiences we would need to become the person He meant for us to be.
      If my response to a comment you made on the blog post has ever seemed a little awkward it is because I am always surprised, and honestly a little unsure of how to respond. When people tell me they appreciate the post I wrote, or that they related, or it touched their hearts I am always humbled, but I'm also unsure of how I should respond. I have never been good with compliments to begin with, but this is even more difficult for me to respond to because I feel that the credit for my post really belongs to God. His word, and the experiences He has provided me with are usually my inspiration and sometimes the words I write are His and I am just responding to what He is laying on my heart. Either way, I feel like I'm not really the one responsible for touching anyone with what I have written, He is.
      Because God is our Creator, and the Creator of everything, He is worthy of our praise in all things big or small. Because He is God, He is deserving of the glory. Because He is just, God deserves our obedience. Because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross we are now able to be righteous and holy in God's eyes so that we can spend eternity with Him, for this alone we should get down on our knees everyday in humble praise because He loves us! Today I will be thinking about how I can give Him the credit more, and turn away praise of myself, I hope you will think about it too.

Luke 14:11
For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

1 Peter 5:5-6
5 In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,
“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time 
     
Colossians 3:17
17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment