Wednesday, December 17, 2014

He Worked it Out

       Yesterday, I didn't put up any new post, not because of a lack of desire, or that I didn't have anything to write, because honestly I have several post on the back burner that I am working on as the spirit moves me, but because yesterday was a very busy day, with so much that could have gone much worse. I wanted to take this morning and share what happened yesterday to glorify to the Father in heaven for His provisions!
         On my way into work yesterday there was a freezing rain coming down, I leave for work pretty early in the morning so it was also very dark as the sun had not even begun to rise yet. I tried to turn on the heater in my car to warm up but it never seemed to get hot, it just kept blowing cool air. Then as I was driving up one of the big hills on the road I take to work I noticed I didn't seem to have any power, my car was struggling to get up the hill. I looked at the dashboard and saw that the gage in my car that says if it's hot or cold was all the way up at hot. I decided I needed to pull over and turned on my flashers. As I tried to cross the lane of on coming traffic to pull in to the parking lot in front of a volunteer fire department the car completely stopped. It wouldn't move and I was stuck in the road, in the pouring rain.
       I had no idea what to do next, but I popped the hood of my car and prayed for help because I was clueless. Several cars went around me, but shortly someone pulled over to help. The man didn't bother to give me his name but after waiting for a lull in the traffic he told me what to do and pushed my car safely off the road and into the parking lot. I thanked him several times and tried to give him money he would not take. I thank God for that man!
       After he left to go to work himself I called for a tow truck and called my boss to tell him I'd be very late but my husband was on his way, I got the day off paid instead, thank God! Nick and I went with tow truck to our usual mechanic who said that our timing chain had gone and the engine may be bad because of it. He told us that he couldn't do that kind of repair and sent us to someone who could and would be able to tell us for sure if the engine was bad or not. We then towed the car to the other mechanic's shop.
       At this point we were both very frustrated, the car situation seemed like it was another financial blow that felt like it was about set us back to the start again or put us further in debt. I put up a prayer request at that point asking others to pray and explaining the situation and I started speaking faith over the situation. I started to praise God for what had gone right and kept reminding myself that the Lord works all things for the good of those who love Him. Then my husband and I started focusing on what we could do right now to improve the car situation. We rented a car for the rest of this week so I can get to and from work and then we started to decide and look into our vehicle options, trusting that God would somehow work it all out for us in accordance with His will.
      We soon after received bad news, the engine was bad, it would be over $4000 to fix it, if they could even find an engine because we have a Suzuki and it is getting hard to find parts for it. A little bit later they called back and said they had no luck finding an engine. We accepted at that point we would have to get a newer car, like it or not. We had just decided to take out a loan for a new car when my cousin, who works for a auto salvage company called. He said that they had just picked up a car that was the same make and model as ours, and the engine was good! He said they could hold the engine for us, and my cousin even offered to put it in for us this weekend for much less! We thank God for the way things went, for providing when it seemed like it wasn't going to happen. We are in awe of how God provides!
     I shared this today to give praise to God and tell of His works, but also for those struggling. If you are struggling, hang in there, ask others to pray with you or for you, pray for guidance and give praise to God regardless of what the circumstances look like, trust that God has you, and know in your heart that He will work it all out for your good, if you love Him.
             
Psalm 150:1-6        
Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals!

Mark 10:27        
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.”

John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
      
1 Peter 1:6-7
In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed

No comments:

Post a Comment