Monday, December 8, 2014

He's Got Things Planned

       After hoping, waiting, and praying I didn't have things turn out the way I wanted yet, but I made a promise to God to praise Him anyway. I understand that it must not yet be time for that, and I should trust the situation to Him knowing and accepting that He knows best. It's so hard to do that some times though, especially when the very selfish and childlike part of myself wants to have a fit and throw a pity party for myself.
       One part of my brain wants to be angry and question God, part of me like I said wants to feel bad about not getting my way. But more so than anything I hear what I prayed to the Father about this situation, "Father if it be not your will for this to happen right now than provide for me the comfort I will need, and  the strength of character to accept your will." These other parts of myself are there, those sad and selfish feeling are definitely trying to assert themselves, but each time I start to go that way my own words come back to me and I let the emotions pass without indulging in them.
       It may not seem like it to some, but I feel that God has answered my prayer. And right now I want to say thank you, because obviously He's got things planned for me. I want to give Him glory because His plans are better than mine. I am taking my disappointment over not getting what I wanted and instead I'm choosing to thank God that He answered my prayer and has provided me with comfort and strength of character. I am choosing to see this as lesson for myself that I can make the right choice in the face of disappointment and as an opportunity to encourage others. God's ways are not our ways; no, they are so much better, and they are right, and righteous. Praise Him always because He is worthy!

Proverbs 3:5-6        
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 19:21        
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

Isaiah 55:8-9        
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

1 John 2:16-17        
For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment