Friday, December 12, 2014

Only When Needed

       It totally sucks when someone you love only calls when they need something. I really feel used, and even disrespected sometimes by that, and it got me to think, is this how God feels when we only pray if we are in need? Is this hurt what He feels when we talk to Him only when we want something? Does Jesus get upset about being treated this way? Does God even feel?
       I know as a Bible believer we were created in His image (Genesis 1:27); and I know that God has emotions because many verses acknowledge that including one of the shortest verses in the Bible, where it simply says "Jesus wept." (John 11:35) which obviously shows that He was saddened by the death of His friend, or if you prefer one where He wasn't in the form of man how about Genesis 6:6 where it talks about how the Lord was grieved by the evil in the hearts of man.
       So now we have answered with certainty that God feels, and we can assume being made in His image that the things that hurt us, hurt Him also, that would make sense as to why we all tend to experience similar emotional reactions to certain situations, we are feeling how He feels or would feel. I believe this is why we all generally feel happy when we are praised and hurt when we are rejected by people we care about.
       Focusing on the thought of those who reject you and only have time for you when they are in need or want something from you, I have to ask you to think for a minute. Would you allow yourself to be treated that way forever or would you at some point say enough is enough and give up trying to have or expect a genuine relationship with them? I think most of us would stop expecting a relationship, and some of us would stop trying all together, some may even lash out in hurt and anger. And this coincides with what the Bible says about how God will respond to those who treat Him thusly, and I will add a few verses at the bottom to show this. But for now I want to end by saying, we still have time at the moment to change, to be considerate and obedient to God, we still have time to give Him the respect a loving Father deserves, but we won't for long. Time on earth will end and not even the scientists dispute that. So while we still have a chance to make things right with God I urge you to do so.

2 Kings 17:7-20
7 All this took place because the Israelites had sinned against the Lord their God, who had brought them up out of Egypt from under the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. They worshiped other gods 8 and followed the practices of the nations the Lord had driven out before them, as well as the practices that the kings of Israel had introduced. 9 The Israelites secretly did things against the Lord their God that were not right. From watchtower to fortified city they built themselves high places in all their towns. 10 They set up sacred stones and Asherah poles on every high hill and under every spreading tree. 11 At every high place they burned incense, as the nations whom the Lord had driven out before them had done. They did wicked things that aroused the Lord’s anger. 12 They worshiped idols, though the Lord had said, “You shall not do this.”  13 The Lord warned Israel and Judah through all his prophets and seers: “Turn from your evil ways. Observe my commands and decrees, in accordance with the entire Law that I commanded your ancestors to obey and that I delivered to you through my servants the prophets.”
14 But they would not listen and were as stiff-necked as their ancestors, who did not trust in the Lord their God. 15 They rejected his decrees and the covenant he had made with their ancestors and the statutes he had warned them to keep. They followed worthless idols and themselves became worthless. They imitated the nations around them although the Lord had ordered them, “Do not do as they do.”
16 They forsook all the commands of the Lord their God and made for themselves two idols cast in the shape of calves, and an Asherah pole. They bowed down to all the starry hosts, and they worshiped Baal. 17 They sacrificed their sons and daughters in the fire. They practiced divination and sought omens and sold themselves to do evil in the eyes of the Lord, arousing his anger.
18 So the Lord was very angry with Israel and removed them from his presence. Only the tribe of Judah was left, 19 and even Judah did not keep the commands of the Lord their God. They followed the practices Israel had introduced. 20 Therefore the Lord rejected all the people of Israel; he afflicted them and gave them into the hands of plunderers, until he thrust them from his presence.
2 Chronicles 24:20
Then the Spirit of God came on Zechariah son of Jehoiada the priest. He stood before the people and said, “This is what God says: ‘Why do you disobey the Lord’s commands? You will not prosper. Because you have forsaken the Lord, he has forsaken you.’ ”
Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

John 12:47-49
47 “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. 49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment