Wednesday, April 22, 2015

An Unconveintial Testimony - The Repeating Dream

       A while back I shared a word with several communities here on google that I felt the Lord placing on my heart, the word was to speak now, that now was the time to share our secret testimonies. That as we shared with each other divine connections in the body would be revealed. I shared this word in obedience, but did not myself act on it. In this I sinned, and the Lord has corrected me for it. Now, with a repentant heart I will share with you what I was too afraid to share before, a dream I have had repeatedly since childhood. Please understand that I am not sharing this for any motive or reason other than to be obedient to God. I don't know or understand how this dream relates to the word I was given except that I have kept it secret from most, I don't know how it could or would help anyone else. But I don't have to, I just have to be obedient and let go of the fear that has been stopping me. So here I go, forgive me for what may not make sense to anyone else.
       I am standing on a busy street, it's crowded with people and there is a lot of shouting around me and commotion. I realize that this is not a modern city street, the city around me is old, and dusty with sand, it is an ancient city, the people are not dressed modern either, but in the style I associated with the Biblical times. An urgency rises up in my heart as the shouting becomes clear to me 'Kill him!" they scream. Hearing the words I know exactly what is happening and my heart responds with the cry 'My Lord! My God, my Savior!'  Suddenly I know I must get to Calvary. I push thru the crowd, my heart pounding in my ears as I try my hardest to get to Him, I have to see Him. I finally make my way through to the crowd and get to the top of Calvary. I see them, the crosses standing tall with the condemned, innocent and guilty alike hanging there to die. I hear Yeshua's voice as He calls out to His Father, 'why have you forsaken me?' And our eyes meet. I see the blood and sweat on His face, and the torment in His eyes, pain that I know I am responsible for, the knowledge that He is doing this for me, suffering for me, drills deep into my heart. Then I wake up with my heart racing, a little disoriented, and motivated to serve.
       The dream is always the same, never changing. I have believed and still do that this dream relates to what I am doing in life, pushing thru to see the man on Calvary, to see Jesus. Pushing through the chaos around me to seek Him and be in His presence, even for just a moment. I hope if I managed to do anything at all, other than entertain you at my expense, that it was to get you to take the chance and do the same. Share your story and experiences with others, this is how we lift each other up, this is how people know they have hope or can overcome the obstacles ahead, it is through your testimony. I know this wasn't a conventional post, or a conventional testimony, but I hope it blessed you anyway. To God be the glory, forever and ever, amen.

Psalm 71:15-18
My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come.

Psalm 107:1-2
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he has redeemed from trouble

Mark 5:19
And he did not permit him but said to him, “Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.”

1 John 5:11
And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

2 Timothy 1:6-10
6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 8 So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. 9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

Revelation 12:11
And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.                           

No comments:

Post a Comment