Monday, April 20, 2015

Pray For Them

       Imagine if you will, being in your home reading your Bible and praying, maybe you are by yourself or maybe you are with your family. Then there's a knock on the door, quickly you hide your Bible before answering the door. It's the police and they inform you that they are taking you into custody because of accusations that you may have religious schizophrenia, they tell you that you need to be examined to determine if you are threat to the population or not. They take you into custody and you know this is it, this is the biggest test of your faith. Will you choose Jesus?      
       This morning I was talking to a dear friend from another country and in the course of our conversation I became extremely grateful to live in the USA. This country isn't perfect, and it saddens me to see the way it is beginning to crack down on Christians today who don't agree with our governments new policies, but at least I don't have to worry that the government is going to lock me up as a religious schizophrenic, take away my bible, force me to denounce my God or never leave the institution, and then even if you were to do renounce Jesus you'd never get a good job again because of the diagnosis. These, thankfully are not my realities, but they are my friend's reality, this is what she risks everyday if she's found out.
        Speaking to her about the punishments, the harshness of her reality if she were found out to be a protestant Christian where she lives made me so grateful to be where I am, but it also made me really want to pray for her and for other oppressed Christians, others who are hiding their faith from terrorist groups like ISIS, oppressive governments, and even close family. These people who are literally in danger of imprisonment, torture, and death for their belief in Yeshua. These people who love God so much they are willing to risk it all. I thought about them this morning and my heart swelled with pride for these dear brothers and sisters, but also sadness and fear for what they face.
       All of this made me want to do something for them, but my reach is limited and I don't even know how I possibly could help them, but I can pray. My Father's reach is not limited, and His resources and abilities are endless, I may not be able to physically help these individuals but I can intercede through prayer for them, and I can ask the Lord to show me what other things I can do here to help them in their struggles. I am asking you to think of them too, I am asking you to stand with me in prayer. We are one body, one family, and we need each other, they need us! We should be wearing out our knees and fasting for these brothers and sisters. Please pray with me today, and everyday for our persecuted brothers and sisters. Pray for the families of the martyrs, and those who are worshiping in secret.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Romans 12:4-5
4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

1 Corinthians 12:12-14
12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

Ephesians 6:18-20
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment