Wednesday, April 8, 2015

God Can and Does Move Things to Bless You

       Last night my husband and I were at a hospice visiting my aunt and sharing with her some exciting news we had just received. Before Easter we had gotten pre-approved to purchase a house, but there was a problem and we worried that things might not work out for us yet again. We knew before getting the pre-approval which house we wanted, we had found it online and it was like a dream to us, not perfect, not exactly what we wanted, but it has everything that was important to us in probably the best area we could hope for, we were thrilled it was in our budget! Then came the bad news, part of the house had been a mobile home at one time before being placed on a permanent foundation and being remodeled into a much larger, modern looking ranch style home, and the title to the trailer portion of the house is missing, without this the house would be next to impossible to buy. Despite that disappointing information we decided to try for it anyway, it was too perfect to pass up, we had to at least try.
       After a week or so of phone calls though, I started to get discouraged, no one would finance us because of the missing title. The only option I saw was to hunt for the title myself, but I had no idea how to go about it. With all the other stress we had and the approaching holiday I decided it was probably best to give it and myself a break for a few days and just fast and pray about things. I decided that after Easter I would start the hunt for the title, but until then I would seek the Lord for His help and guidance.
       In my heart I kept believing that after Easter everything would change, I didn't know how or why, and I had no real reason to believe that it would, but nonetheless I believed. In my heart I felt certain, and still do that it is meant to be our home partially because a long time ago when we looked before Nick and I said that we would know the house was right because there would be a creek behind it, this was to be our sign from God that it was our home, and this home has the creek behind it. And as silly as it sounds I partially believe it is meant to be our home because of the difficultly with the title, no one else has been willing to do the work to purchase it, so it's been sitting on the market with the price dropping as time went on, like it was waiting on us, like God was holding it for us. So, in my heart I really have believed that it is ours and I have kept saying, 'I don't know how but this will work out' and surprisingly, my typically pessimistic husband has agreed.
       Now, it is 3 days past Easter, and the situation has changed in our favor. Mid-morning Monday I received an email from our realtor informing us that the owner is willing to do owner financing for us! It felt amazing to get the good news! I was and still am so happy and grateful to the Lord for this blessing! But I won't lie, fear is starting to creep into both our minds, doubts about whether or not we will able to keep up with the house and its payments, doubts whether this is the right decision or not, especially because now that the owner is willing to finance us, things are preceding quickly, more quickly than either of us were expecting to be honest.
       As we shared all this with my aunt last night she listened and agreed, I could tell she was happy for us, and totally understood our fears. The conversation went on for several minutes, and at one point while discussing our fears and how fast things were starting to move since the day before, I placed my hand over my husband's and gave him an encouraging squeeze. Then, I looked over at him and said 'If you hold my hand, I'll hold yours, and we can both hold onto the Lord, we can do anything so long as we are walking with Him.' Nick smiled and nodded, and that was the last discussion we had of fear for the rest of the visit.
       So why did I share all this? Because I want everyone to know that what looks impossible or too difficult in the natural, with man, IS possible with God. God can and does move things to bless you if you keep in faith and push forward despite how things look. I want you to know that fear is a natural reaction to change and that trust in the Lord can help you to overcome it. Most of all I want you know that we serve a great and loving God who really does give us the desires of our hearts, if we give our hearts to Him and seek to live a life that is pleasing to Him. Walk on Christian soldier with confidence in the God we serve.

Jeremiah 32:17
‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.

Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life
of whom shall I be afraid?
 
Matthew 19:26
But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”          

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment