Friday, April 24, 2015

Look to Jesus

      I suppose doing what I do, writing this blog, it should be no surprise that people often come to me with questions about God, faith, and spirituality. People come to me asking for prayer and advice, and I am honored by this, I hope I serve them and the Lord well on these occasions. I have been called prophet and apostle by some, but I claim no such thing nor has the Lord given it to me to claim. As far as I am concerned I am just servicing the Lord where I am and doing His will to the best ability I have with His help. Truth be told, I am no more special than you, nothing that I have can't be given to you as well, all you have to do is ask and serve Him dutifully with your whole heart.
       I'm writing this today as a reminder to us all to not go following after anyone but Christ. While it is a sincere pleasure to me to serve others, answering questions, praying, and helping them gain understanding no one should be looking to me for all the answers, no one should be blindly following every word I say, please check me against scripture, make sure in your heart and mind that I am correct, because I'm human and make mistakes too. And this goes beyond just me, we should be checking anyone we receive teaching from, because we know there are deceptive spirits disguising themselves as children of light (2 Peter 2:1-3; 1 John 4:1; Matthew 7:15-20).
       It is important that we get the truth from the Truth, that we are filling ourselves up daily on the manna He has provided to us. That means we need to be in the Word daily, the only way to know the Truth is to be reading and meditating on it daily (Joshua 1:8; Psalms 119:15) then we will know how to identify the false teachers, corrupted teachings, and straight out blasphemy. But if you are not in the Word then you are allowing yourselves to become vulnerable to the widespread deception of the day, and let me assure I don't use the word 'widespread' lightly, the more time I spend with the Lord the more I know this world is disgustingly deceived.
       This message is important and I hope you take it to your heart, look to no one but Yeshua, follow only Him. Of course we can seek counsel and support on issues from those brother and sisters of faith who may be more spiritually advanced or gifted in some area, but we are not to get in the habit of seeking them over God. He is our Counselor, our Healer, our Provider, our Teacher, our Father, our all in all, He is the alpha and the omega, to seek anyone above Him, or outside of Him, is to head down the wide road of destruction. Be blessed.

Proverbs 4:20-22
20 My son, pay attention to what I say;
turn your ear to my words.
21 Do not let them out of your sight,
keep them within your heart;
22 for they are life to those who find them
and health to one’s whole body.  
 
Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.   
 
Matthew 24:24
For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15   
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.         

No comments:

Post a Comment