Thursday, April 23, 2015

Correction is a Blessing

       We all get out of obedience sometimes, we all fail at doing as we are told on occasion, sometimes without even realizing it. That was the situation with yesterday's post. I had thought before that, that I was being obedient, I hadn't seen where I had failed. But then correction came through a brother in Christ. God had orchestrated a situation between him and I that opened my eyes as we worked through it and I prayed for clarity to understand our misunderstanding. Soon I was shown where I had gone wrong in the past, and the mistake that had taken place. I thank the Lord for causing this brother to correct me, even if it was over a misunderstanding, because his words were exactly what I needed to get back in obedience to the Lord.
          This whole situation again reminds me how much our Father loves us, because the Bible says that God corrects those He loves (Proverbs 3:12; Hebrews 12:6). I know some people would look at that statement and ask how correction is proof of love and honestly it is because He does it for our benefit, to keep us from unwittingly going astray, just like a loving parent does for their child. If you truly love someone you want to keep them from harm or death, God corrects us so we don't die, so our souls aren't condemned. I needed correction but I was too blind and stubborn to realize it, I honestly didn't even realize that I had been disobedient. So, God used this brother to get my attention and see my error.
       Now, a day later I can see clearly the ways God had been trying to get my attention to post that dream all along, before any of this happened. First there was the original word He laid on my heart. Then God kept reminding what He wanted me to do, He kept sending me that dream, awake and asleep it would replay in my mind. I just didn't understand why, I couldn't see that sharing that dream would help anyone, so I wrote on other topics instead. Then I went through about 3 days of writers block. I tried and tried but could not write anything that felt right, the dream continued to play in my mind though and I continued to brush it aside, instead wasting three days as I struggled to break out of the block and ended up re-posting old blogs instead. Then came the correction from the brother.
       It was really upsetting at first, I'm not going to lie. It hurts to be corrected, especially from some one whom you respect, but the pain that comes from that correction is often a good thing because the lesson then sticks out in our memory and helps us to avoid the same trap in the future. This brother did me a huge service in correcting me, as I meditated on his words and prayed for clarity God answered me. The revelations I received made my heart repentant, and caused me to do what I wasn't doing before and I posted the dream. Since then there has been a change, the dream stopped hounding me, and I feel closer to the Lord. Now, I am rejoicing in the correction and am grateful to be in right standing with my Father again. Thank you brother for the correction, thank you Father for sending him to do so!
       Today, I wanted to share the whole correction process with you, and my heart about it. I wanted you to see how easy it is to make this kind of mistake in hopes you could learn from it and avoid that mistake yourself. But I also wanted you to see God's love in it, I wanted you to see how correction is truly a blessing. It isn't comfortable, but it is necessary from time to time to grow us in to who we are meant to be. Be blessed.  

Proverbs 12:1
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

Proverbs 15:32
Whoever ignores instruction despises himself, but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence.

Proverbs 29:15
The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.

Hebrews 12:11
For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

James 5:19-20   
My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.               

No comments:

Post a Comment