Monday, January 26, 2015

Let Him Fight for You

       This morning as I was praying before work, I was struck with the thought of how the Bible promises that God will take care of punishing those who have wronged His children and we don't have to worry about it, (Exodus 14:14; Exodus 23:22; 2 Thessalonians 1:6.) I thought about how it was true in both my life and my husband's life. Those that bullied us when we were in school have all met with misfortune, one of the people who was especially cruel to my husband is dead, and the girl who was the worst to me is now in bad relationship. I want to make clear before going on, I take no joy in the fact that these people who have hurt us have come to bad things and I'm not bragging about how God has punished them for being cruel to us, I am just pointing out how God's promise is truth. I truly do not take any pleasure in their misery or the pain it must cause to others involved and I actually found myself praying for mercy for the woman who had been so bad to me because the situation she is in now is very sad.
       I shared what happened to my husband and I with the bullies in our school so you could see the truth of God's word and warnings. It is proof that when we sow evil against someone, it is reaped back upon us, it is proof that God fulfills His promise to fight our battles for us. I shared it because when I realized that what God has said He will do can be seen in my life, I thought about the verse (Exodus 14:14)this morning and the incidents I described and it reinforced my belief in God's words and promises. It may take years for the results to be seen, but God is always faithful to His word, and that includes paying the price for choosing to do evil towards another.   
        This is why as Christians we should never try to get even with someone, we don't have to, God repays us all for our deeds. If someone has wronged us, let go and give it to God, it's not our battle to fight, He wants us to just stay focused on Him and let everything else roll off our backs. He wants us to trust Him to know how to best handle things. We have all been warned we will reap what we sow, so responding badly or trying to get even will only sow bad things for ourselves.   
      To be honest, I wasn't sure that I was going to write about this at all actually, I wondered if it would be appropriate to share these thoughts but when I got to work the very first verse I saw on G+ was Exodus 14:14; which reads "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." and I believe it was confirmation from the Lord to write this.  Now, I do want to tell you, for those who don't double check what's going on around the verses I use, that this is Moses talking to Israel before they left Egypt, but it is a promise also offered to you as well, I know this because it is repeated in the New Testament, in 2 Thessalonians 1:6;  and Colossians 3:25(these are just the ones I found right away there may be more.)  I hope you pray about what I shared today, see if there are examples of this in your own life, and let it bring you to both glorify the Father, and to be mindful of what you are sowing.

Deuteronomy 1:30-31
The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the wilderness where you saw how the LORD your God carried you, just as a man carries his son, in all the way which you have walked until you came to this place.

Psalm 20:7
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. 

Ecclesiastes 3:17
I said to myself, "God will bring into judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed."

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS.

Colossians 3:25
Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment