Monday, January 19, 2015

Seeking His Presence

       Over the weekend my husband and I were talking, it started out with conversation about the 'Back to the Future' movies and finished with my husband asking if I could go back to any day in history when and where would it be. It didn't take me long to decide, I knew exactly where I wanted to be. I wanted to be in the presence of our Lord and Savior, I wanted to witness Him performing miracles, I wanted to hear Him speak, and when I turned the question back around on my spouse his answer was the same.
       The really cool thing is that we don't have to go back in time to be in our Lord's presence, we don't have to go back in time to hear Him speak or see a miracle. God offers that to us today. In Matthew 18:20; Jesus tells us that where two or three are gathered together in His name that He is with us, so when you pray with a friend, Jesus is there too, when you read a devotional or the bible with another and are seeking Him, He is there. But what about the miracles can we still experience God's miracles today? Absolutely!
       I personally have experienced God's mercy and miracles more than once, and have met many Christians who can say the same. Oftentimes the miracles aren't what we expected, aren't what we are looking for, we might be looking to win the lottery and get a raise instead, we might be stranded on the side of the road with dead cell phone when a kind stranger stops to help. These too are miracles, just not ones we typically recognize because it's not the feeding of thousands with 5 loaves and two fish (Matthew 14:13-21).      
        My point today is that we have access right now to the presence of the Lord, we can spend time right now with Jesus if we are willing to take the time to seek Him. God has promised that those who seek Him will find Him(Jeremiah 29:13; Matthew 7:7), and God always fulfills His promises!

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Proverbs 8:17
"I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me."

Matthew 28:16-20
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

        

No comments:

Post a Comment