Friday, January 2, 2015

Working and Fulfilled

       Five years ago spending as much time alone, at home without a car, and no job to go to, as I have in the last two weeks, was the worst. I hated being a 'house-wife' as Nick got to go to work everyday and I was stuck at home with nothing but cleaning to do. I would clean every inch of our small apartment in just a few hours, then I was lost, bored, and really down on myself for being laid off from work. I felt miserable, and unfulfilled, I thought it was because I missed working, but five years later I think it was really something else I missed.
       I still hate to see him leave for work, I would always much rather be together, but I am no longer miserable or unfulfilled. I no longer clean the whole place in a few hours either, in fact I pace myself in the housework now because I have other work to do which does fulfill me, because I feel in my heart that what I am doing is what God wants me to be doing.
       Working within God's will for your life is the most satisfaction you can experience. It is not easy, and it will come with many challenges and disappointments, but the effort is worth the reward. And I'm not talking about material rewards, or even really blessings of any kind other than the satisfaction of knowing in your heart that you are doing what you were created to do and it pleases your Father. That feeling, that knowing in your spirit that you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, this is what changed how I feel about being at home. Now I  find myself wishing I could work from home everyday, that I could spend all day going back and forth between writing, house work, devotionals, movies, and Bible study. I miss the children I care for at work, but truly I feel satisfied and content.
       So why did I share this today? Why did I testify about this change? Because its open to you too, you can experience fulfillment in life if you surrender yourself to Jesus. Jesus is a life changer, a people changer for those willing to die to themselves and allow Him to live through them. Those willing to include Him in all things that they do. Those willing to work within in His will, and turn away from sin.

Deuteronomy 13:4        
You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him.

1 Samuel 12:24        
Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.  

Colossians 3:17        
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Colossians 3:23-24        
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.                

No comments:

Post a Comment