Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Gift From God

       Yesterday thanks to the amazing technology we have today I was able to see my baby for the first time. It was still too early to tell the sex of the baby but from the sonogram we could determine that I was 14 weeks along and had a very healthy active baby, that just wouldn't lay still very long, much like their father. It was an overwhelming experience to see the baby moving, kicking, rubbing their eyes and opening and closing their mouth and I'm so glad my husband got to be there with me, because it was clear that he was just as overwhelmed  and amazed by the little life as I was.
       To be honest though, before this point despite the morning sickness and some of the discomfort that comes with early pregnancy it hadn't seemed real to me that there was actually life inside me, but now it's all I can think about. I was grateful from the start, the moment I got that positive test I knelt down on the floor and cried and praised my Father in Heaven, but still the idea that I was pregnant seemed crazy to me. I wanted it and dreamed of it for so long that I think part of me was afraid to believe it. That somehow I expected to just wake up and it all be a dream as had happened so many times. But this is no dream, this is real and a gift from God (Psalm 127:3), the answered prayer that I had asked for many times.
        Today as reality sets in, as the fact that I am carrying a gift from God becomes more real to me I find myself thinking of Psalms 127:3 a lot, I find myself thinking of those women in the bible who like myself prayed and cried and begged our God for a child and was blessed. I find myself more grateful than ever before and wondering for what purpose has God knit this life inside me together for. I find myself praying for Godly wisdom and guidance in raising this child in the way they should go and hoping wonderful things for their future.
        I apologize to anyone who clicked on this hoping for inspiration and encouragement today, I know that's what I usually set out to do in these post, but today I just needed to share my joy with you, to share my hope and gratitude. Bless you brothers and sisters in Christ, may today bring you much in the way of hope, happiness, and the love of Yeshua.

Psalm 127:3   
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Psalm 139:13-16   
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Jeremiah 29:11   
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Matthew 18:10   
“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment