Monday, April 4, 2016

One Touch

       Last week started out with me stressing about the pregnancy, about finances, seeing a doctor,  a stressful friendship, and just worry in general. Everything had been going wrong for almost two months and I was at my wits end, but by the middle of the week things had begun to change and by it's end I was relieved, grateful, humbled, and in gratitude to God.
       At the end of my post last week called 'Good Advice Helps' (http://www.jennthorn.blogspot.com/2016/03/good-advice-helps.html ) I wrote that one touch from God could change my circumstances, and actually that had been my prayer that morning as I drove into work and called out to Him. A prayer that was answered. Not everything has changed, I still don't know what to do about the friendship, or about when I am no longer working in October, but I have decided to just trust God and let these things play out as they will. What has changed I am happy to share because I know many have asked and were concerned.
      The day after I got my heart right with the Father and called out to Him, my husband's boss put us in contact with a Christian pregnancy help center in our area. The center made an appointment for me to come in right away to be seen by them. Then they were able to set us up with a doctor who will work with us financially and delivers at the hospital I wanted to be at. But that wasn't all they did, they also scheduled me for sonogram tomorrow, are able to help us apply for WIC, provide pre-natal counseling for families to help be prepared for life with a baby and deal with any fears we may have and they can help us with other material things we may need like clothes, and diapers. One hour at this facility and I knew my prayer had been heard, this was my one touch from God to change my circumstances.
        This wasn't the only burden that was eased though. My dad also told us that he wanted to help us out. He and my mom knew how hard we have been struggling lately and since they expected to get a good tax return he offered us some financial assistance. I wanted to cry. I don't know how much he wants to give us and honestly I don't care, I'm just grateful that he does, any help is so appreciated and we couldn't be more grateful. Today looking back to last week and how quickly the prayer for one touch was answered I couldn't be more grateful or in awe. The Bible tells us that Jehovah or Yahweh is our provider, but when things are hard or scary it's easy to lose site of that, and for a time I did. But through the people around me Jesus shepherded me back into His fold, where quickly the provision I had sought and worried over was found. Today I encourage you my family in Christ to wait on that one touch if you're struggling. Trust all that worry and fear to Yeshua, Give it to Him and take rest in His peace as He makes the way clear. Be Blessed today and always, In Yeshua's name.

Deuteronomy 2:7   
For the Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He knows your going through this great wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you. You have lacked nothing.”

1 Chronicles 4:9-10   
Jabez was more honorable than his brothers; and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!” And God granted what he asked.

John 16:23-24    
In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full

Philippians 4:19   
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.   

No comments:

Post a Comment