Thursday, April 28, 2016

Not Like the World

       I try not to be one of the writers who caters to itching ears and will only say what will get them followers and lots of praise. Yes most of my post are positive and encouraging, I believe encouragement is my spiritual gift much like Nehemiah, but I don't want to leave you deceived either, God must be first and we must turn away from sin to follow Him. We aren't to look like the world and we aren't to do the immoral things the world condones(Exodus 19:5-6; 1 Peter 2:9), and that's the hard part, that's where we struggle with temptations.
       The world makes partying and casual sex look normal and fun, it makes drug use look exciting and like it's even acceptable on some programs. It makes Christians look like dorks who are uncool and uptight squares or hateful angry people who just want to tell you that you are going to hell. It makes it tempting to try to be part of the world and to claim Jesus too, but that's not the way it works. Jesus tells us we can't serve two masters (Matthew 6:24), and it's really true, I tried.
       I tried to be in the world in the party scene getting drunk and loud with my "friends" watching programs and reading books that filled my mind with smut and tried to normalize behavior that God calls an abomination. I defended and justified that behavior, I called it acceptable and said it couldn't be helped or changed, I tried to say that it was okay to spare the feelings of others and because I didn't want to believe that God would send anyone to hell. I wanted sin to be okay for them and me. I wanted God's love and to fit in too, to finally feel accepted, but I never did, not until I started to walk away from the ways of the world and to follow God.
       That acceptance came with a price though, to be accepted by God I had to be willing to choose God's truth over the world, I had to be willing to sacrifice my beliefs, feelings, and wants for what the Bible says but it didn't happen all at once. Stage by stage or layer by layer God has removed the blinders from my eyes that I may see the truth and accept His word. Slowly He has striped away my false beliefs and the lies I told myself to comfort me in my sins. He has made me accept what the Bible says and place my own beliefs aside, causing me to repent from much of what I thought, did, and said.
       Acceptance has been a journey but it has come with much reward. No longer do I feel like an outcast, although I don't fit in with a lot of people, some even Christians, I KNOW I am accepted by God and that gives me confidence and peace in my soul. I no longer suffer from suicidal thoughts, shame, or the heavy burdens of guilt and condemnation. Instead I have peace and confidence that I am on the right path, I have hope and joy even when things are hard. I no longer wonder about where I will go or what will happen when I die, I can rest in God's promise of paradise for those that love Him and follow His ways. I no longer wake up scared or reliving the darkest moments of my life, instead I wake up to the sounds of the bible playing in my room and often worship songs in my head. By sacrificing what the world says is true and acceptable I have lost friends, I have had to walk away from some, but I don't for a second regret it, my life has been better without those influences. I have had to change a lot of who I was to get to where I am now, but it was worth every change, every struggle to let go and accept God's way.
       Today I encourage anyone who has been on the fence, anyone who has struggled with accepting God's truth over what the world teaches to start this journey back to God. He will change you, He will change your life and you will have to make sacrifices, you will lose friends and have people who just don't understand, but that's okay. Whatever the cost I promise it's worth it, it's worth everything you give up and what you will gain in return will make you never want to go back. Remember brothers and sisters, we aren't like the world, we are set a part to shine in the darkness and confusion of this time, let us shine brightly in love and walk in the ways of the Father. In Yeshua's name be blessed.

Psalm 119:9   
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.

John 15:19   
If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

John 17:16-18
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.

Romans 12:2   
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment