Friday, April 8, 2016

Testimony of Provision

       Last year was what felt like an endless battle, between helping with my aunt as she was in and out of facilities for her mental health, struggling with trying to buy a house, and helping my husband reignite his faith I was fatigued to say the least by the end of it. But as tough as last year was it seems is just how blessed this year will be or is. Early this year we found out our prayers for a baby were finally answered, and despite the disappointment of finding out I wouldn't be able to keep my job because of that we are discovering God's grace and provision as He is opening an even better opportunity for me.
       The day I found out I was pregnant was the happiest I had been in a long time. I cried and rejoiced all evening! But that joy turned bittersweet when I found out I wouldn't be able to continue to work at my current position. Then fear and doubt gripped me, especially as we searched for resources to help with the pregnancy and kept running into closed doors. I started to worry more and more, and pray less and less. But God never leaves us or forsakes us (Genesis 28:15; Deuteronomy 31:6).
        Soon my husband and I started discussing our options, and truthfully as positive as I tried to be and sound; inside I was scared and worried that nothing would work out. I feared losing our brand new house, and our car. I feared having the baby and something going wrong. I feared a lot. Then we decided to look into an option that had been working out for a friend of my husband's and his girlfriend. It was a work from option that came with full benefits and had pay pretty equivalent to what I was making now.
         It's been less than a week now since I put in my application and already I have passed the first interview and will be taking the next sometime next week. I doubted at first that I would get the position, I thought for sure I'd get passed over because I've never done this kind of work before, but now I'm confident I'll get it, I've never not gotten a job I've interviewed for. This job is like a God send, a gift of provision from the Father, that I couldn't be more grateful for! I know it will be really different for me and in many ways probably difficult, customer service reps don't always get treated the nicest by the people they are trying to help, but I'm actually excited to do something different and still be with my baby.
       This isn't the only provision that has come up in the last week or two either, when God shows up to do something He does it big. Through another friend of my husbands we were put in contact with a pregnancy help center in our area, it's a Christian organization that educates women on pregnancy, offers free diapers, clothes, bottles, sonograms, parenting classes and counseling. As well as support and information about adoption and the reality of abortion. Through them we were able to get set up with a doctor and get a first look at our little bundle of joy, a huge relief to us both. We also found out from my dad that he and my mom want to give us some financial support during this time to make sure we are okay with all the new expenses we will have very shortly.
        For two months we worried, fretted, and feared, we barked at each other and moped trapped inside our own heads juggling the anxieties we felt, but in two weeks things have been completely changed. In two weeks God has taken what felt like a hopeless scary situation and made it something new and exciting again. In just two weeks our circumstances look so different and so does our attitudes. We have gone from fearful, to rejoicing and from worried to grateful. God never disappoints, His promises never fail, and HIs provision will always come through. Be blessed brother's and sisters in Yeshua's name.

Genesis 28:15   
Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”             

Isaiah 41:17   
When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst, I the Lord will answer them; I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

Matthew 6:31-32   
Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.

Philippians 4:19   
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment