Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Don't Lose Hope

        There are moments when we are waiting for something that we feel like it will never happen. That our heart is heavy with this unfulfilled desire, but if you believe in the Father you can't give up hope. If there is one thing I've learned from reading the Bible it's that God always fulfills His promises, everything is brought to fullness in Him, it may take patience and time until it comes into reality, but it will happen if He says it will. If there are desires in your heart and you love God with all that you have, He will fulfill them if you ask, I know it because it is stated so in Matthew 7:7-8  and many other places, I know it because He has done it for me before.
          When I was a little girl I wanted a little sister with all of my heart, someone I could care for that would look up to me, that I could love and play with and who would love me back, and most importantly, someone who would understand me and accept me. I already had a little brother and we didn't get along very well and honestly we still struggle with that, but I prayed for a sister because I believed that a sister and I would get along much better. I prayed for that for 8 years before I finally got her. My parents weren't trying when they got pregnant with her, in fact they didn't want anymore kids, they had a boy and a girl, and that was enough for them. But that didn't stop me from praying for a sister.
          I was thrilled the day my parents told me they were having another baby, and I started praying harder than ever that it would be girl. The day she was born my brother and I got to skip school to go to the hospital with my parents for the delivery, from the moment I first held her I knew she was the answer to my prayers, what I didn't know was that God had given me the answer at exactly the time I would need her most.  I had to wait for my answer, not because He wasn't going to give me what I asked for, but because I was going to need her as I went through my teenager years and I would need to remember at that time how much I had wanted her, and as I write this I think it was also so that as I wait and pray for my own child now, that I can remember this experience and I don't lose hope.
         God answered my prayer for a sister after 8 years, and I always say she came just in time because I needed her then most. There were many times in my teen years where the only reason I didn't take my life was because I couldn't leave her, I was reminded of how much I wanted her, how much she would need me as she grew and I couldn't do it, couldn't go through with it. I will be honest though, there were a few times where I was so selfish that even those thoughts of her weren't enough to stop the attempt, but thankfully I failed. Getting back on topic though, my point is this, if you are waiting there is a reason, I had to wait on my sister because I was going to need her as a teenager, I needed someone who was dependent on me, someone I felt responsibility for to keep me going through the depression and anxiety. Don't give up hope because you are waiting and it doesn't seem like anything is happening, trust the Father and His wisdom, He knows what's on our hearts and He also knows when the time is right for it. Just trust, have faith, and take comfort in the word as you wait.

Hebrews 10:35-36
35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.  
 
Matthew 7:7-8
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. 
 
Luke 1:45
45 "And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment