Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Same

      Have you ever heard someone say that God doesn't preform miracles anymore? That there aren't prophets anymore? That there aren't people spiritually gifted anymore like in the Bible days? Have you heard those same people say they believe in God? That they believe in the Bible? I have, I've heard pastors say some of these things, and every time I hear it I think aren't you contradicting yourself? Aren't you contradicting God?
      It's not my place to tell you what to think or believe, but if you are one of the people who say things like that, will you at least  give me a chance to explain? It's always your decision what to believe and I am not judging you for what you believe, it's just that it doesn't make sense to me because of what I have read in the Bible and experienced.  See, it seems contradictory to me to say you believe in God and you believe in His word then say that God doesn't preform miracles or send prophets anymore because the Bible says God is unchanging, Hebrews 13:8, Malachi 3:6, Psalm 102:25-27, and in more places, this is just a few I found right away. So, if God is unchanging and He did it then why should you think He isn't going to keep doing it?
      To say that God has changed when the Bible says He doesn't would mean that God lied because the Bible is God's word and God is the word, John 1:1. This also contradicts the Bible because God cannot lie, in Numbers 23:19 we read this 'God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?'  And in Hebrews 6:18 it says that 'it is impossible for God to lie...' there is more to that verse, it's point is to say that we can hold onto God and hope because He doesn't lie.
       So if God doesn't lie, and doesn't change wouldn't that mean that there are still spiritually gifted people among us? Wouldn't that mean that God still preforms miracles and that He may do it through people who have given their lives to Him? I am not saying that everyone who claims those gifts are honest, and the Bible warns that they won't be, we are told to test them with the word and look at the fruit they bare because if God is in them it will be evident, but if God is not with them the deceit and corruption in their soul will be evident because those are the fruits of their master.
       I hope if nothing else, what I wrote today gets people thinking, and I hope if you are thinking you check me against the word too, after all I am human, and I am able to be deceived.

John 1:1         
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Psalm 102:25-27         
Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away, but you are the same, and your years have no end.

1 Samuel 15:29        
And also the Glory of Israel will not lie or have regret, for he is not a man, that he should have regret.”

No comments:

Post a Comment