Wednesday, August 27, 2014

When Things Don't Change

       I've been praying for a situation, literally, for years now. I have poured out prayer after prayer, after prayer to the Father without change in it. I have followed the leadings and promptings of the holy spirit in this situation, and looked to the word for both comfort and more instruction on the matter. I have read column after column on this issue by Christian writers and put their advice into action. I have done just about everything I could in this matter and have been begging the Father to intercede.
       This morning as I prayed and cried, and begged the Father for instruction, begged to know what I should do, I  heard song after song on my Christian radio station that said not to give up, to keep faith and keep praying, and suddenly I remembered the one thing I hadn't tried yet. Fasting.
       It was an epiphany that brought instant peace and new determination in this situation. I suddenly felt better, and started reminding myself that when you feel like giving up that's when you need to fight harder.When the world looks like it might break you, you have to dig into the Father and go that extra mile. And almost as confirmation, or maybe it was confirmation, I opened my Facebook to find this verse in my news feed, Colossians 3:12 God has given us the power to endure whatever comes our way with a good attitude.
          I want to encourage anyone reading this today to stay strong, fight the lies and negativity that the enemy plants in your brain by feeding your spirit with the word of God, and even when you don't see change keep the faith. Pray harder, try fasting, ask others for prayer, and stand firm on the knowledge that God hears our prayers, trust that He is working it all out for your good as His word tells us, because no matter how you feel, the Father loves you.

James 5:10-11
10 Brothers and sisters, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11 As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

1 John 5:14-15
14 This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment