Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Be Careful

     I often sees post on G+ and Facebook that are Bible quotes, and sometimes religious sayings of encouragement kind of like 'God loves you' and I love these post. I love the encouragement, and I love the opportunity to read verses I am not have read before, or reread ones I have read. I think the communities and people who are doing this are a blessing, taking the Lord's word and putting the truth out there to be seen and known.
      But, be careful, on G+ and everywhere else too. We were warned of wolves in sheep clothing, and I have found many post where people have put things up or liked them, where what was stated about God was not founded in Biblical truth. I admit to 'liking' or 'one upping' or sharing some of these post myself when I didn't read them carefully, or I did not know it was untrue until I studied it later. I have seen televangelist on TV corrupting His word, taking things out of context and twisting it to serve their purpose and point, rather than God's and by doing this leading people down a path to destruction.
     So, I want you to be careful, don't believe everything you hear or see, test it against the truth. And if you find what was said to be untruthful, say something, even if you don't think they will listen, because even if your words don't reach that individual they may reach someone else and save them from that mistake. Stand bold for the Lord, but don't be rude. We are called to love, and even when someone is misrepresenting the truth we should not attack them. Correct them in a loving manner and pray for them, allow the Lord to work on their hearts.
      To protect ourselves from these falsehoods we must know the Lord, and to know Him you must study His word and pray. As I write this today, I am praying for you and myself. I am praying that we will not be deceived, and that we will be diligent in seeking the Lord and His truth. Our walks are all different, and He speaks to each of us in different manners, because He knows our hearts and how to best reach them, but no matter how He speaks to you, His truth does not change. He is the same God today as He was the first day.

Matthew 10:16-20
16“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment