Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Control And Struggles

     Life seems to go much smoother when I accept that I can't control everything, when I give up my will, and allow God to take control. But it's not always easy to do, I am a creature who likes to be in control. I haven't often in my life felt like I was in control of it; so whenever I find something I can control, I have a hard time not doing just that.
      Without fail though, when I think I can control something without submitting it to God's will first, and allowing Him to guide me, it becomes difficult, or spirals out of control all together. Then, I am left feeling defeated, frustrated, and often angry by what happened. This has happened to me in more than one aspect of my life. No matter what I do, if I do it without Him, I make things more difficult for myself than they need to be, and I end up walking around with a chip on my shoulder.
       I wish I could give some great advice today on how to avoid doing this, because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who struggles with control. But honestly, I have nothing on this matter except once you realize that the reason you are struggling so much isn't God's fault, but your own, ask for forgiveness and guidance on how to do things His way. Check the Bible and find out what the authority says to do on the matter. So, why did I bother writing about this today if I didn't have any advice on how to avoid it? Because we all struggle sometimes, and we need to be aware that if we are not allowing God to direct to our steps, that we are setting ourselves up for defeat.
      I used to think that I would feel vulnerable handing certain things over to God, or that He had bigger things to worry about, but it's a lie. I am learning all the time, in big ways and in small ways, the more I put my trust in Him and the more I let go of my will to control, the better things work out. Sometimes, its a  blind jump into something I didn't want to do, or didn't think I could do. But when I let go of me, He does great things! If you are struggling in a certain area of your life, could it be that maybe you just need to give it up? Just let go of yourself and allow God to do His will?

Job 22:21-26
21 “Submit to God and be at peace with him;
in this way prosperity will come to you.
22 Accept instruction from his mouth
and lay up his words in your heart.
23 If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored:
If you remove wickedness far from your tent
24 and assign your nuggets to the dust,
your gold of Ophir to the rocks in the ravines,
25 then the Almighty will be your gold,
the choicest silver for you.
26 Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty
and will lift up your face to God.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment