Monday, May 5, 2014

Hard Choices

    We all make choices, some more difficult than others. I have a dear friend who made an extremely difficult choice this weekend. I am so proud of him, he made the right choice. He did what was going to be best for his health long term, despite what he wanted in the moment. But my heart breaks for him because he had to walk out of a relationship he really wanted in order to do this.
     I know it was the most difficult decision he ever made, and we are both aware that he couldn't have done it on his own. My friend has made a decision to make God, and recovery his top priorities and he's really sticking to it, he's making the hard choices.
     For the first time since I've known him, he is making long term choices instead of short term. He is struggling though, and especially after yesterday. Normally I try to take my life experiences and relate them to God, or Biblical principle. Normally I try to share something to make you think or inspire. But today I am asking for prayer for my friend. I ask you to pray for him to continue making the hard choices. And I pray that you do too.

    I pray that you think long term wellness, not short pleasure. And may God always be with you, guiding you, and comforting you in your hard choices. May blessing and favor fall upon, as you make these choices, and may you always have the support you need. In Jesus name, Amen.

Proverbs 2:11
Wise choices will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment