Thursday, May 12, 2016

Confidence and Peace in God

     This morning I am at home because my employers took all three children to the doctors so I got to sleep in and I am happy, rested and at peace, a combination I haven't felt in a while. As I sit in my living room typing to the quiet ticking of the clock and the occasional neighing of a horse, I am grateful my job ends in a few weeks. I'll miss the children a ton, after 2 1/2 years you grow very attached, but I know I need more rest then I have been getting and the peace here in the small town where we live is just the ticket. To be honest ever since we moved here I would leave for work everyday feeling like I should stay at home, that I was supposed to be here and not traveling almost an hour away for work, but I didn't know how to make that happen and honestly I still don't know how it'll work, I'm just trusting God to provide the answers I need.
       It hasn't been easy not knowing how things will work out, I'm a creature who likes plans, and control but sitting here this morning feeling rested for the first time in months and enjoying the quiet as my husband sleeps before works tells me it'll all be worth it. I'm sure we will struggle in many ways, a new routine always comes with an adjustment period, and being unsure of where the money to pay the bills will come from will make that adjustment even more difficult, but I know my God is a God of miracles, and He has promised to provide for me as He provides for the sparrows so I'm trusting in that, I'm trusting in Him.
       I have confidence that things will work out as they should and that we will be happy, I have peace in my soul that God is working it all out and that despite what things look like we will be okay, we will manage. I have had many people say they are praying for us and many give great suggestions that I'm positive will help us, and I'm believing the things we need will continue to show up as they have been. I believe that a job or source of income will come through just in time, and I'm hoping the little things my husband and I are trying to get off the ground will help with that.
        I know that in the natural it seems like I should be scared, worried and stressed out but I just can't be, I know my God and have seen His hand at work in my life too many times to doubt Him now. There are of course nay-sayers and doubters around me, people who look at what's going on and only see everything that can go wrong for us, they see the circumstances and don't think things will ever get better for us, or that we will ever rebound, or even make it all but I pay them no attention, I have a promise and I stand on that, letting their words roll off my back.
        I'm not really sure how to end my rant of positivity today, I could honestly go on and on about how good Jehovah is, and how much I trust Him and how happy I am at this time in my life that should be stressful, but I've run out of time. So, I'll just end with be blessed and have faith, have hope and let God's peace surround you.       

Isaiah 12:2   
“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

 Isaiah 26:3   
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. 

Romans 15:13   
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

2 Thessalonians 3:16   
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment