Wednesday, May 11, 2016

See Christ in Them

       Typically I pray for people to see Christ in me, that with the help of the Holy Spirit I can be a good light to those around me, but yesterday a friend put up a prayer that really got me thinking. In the prayer was a line that asked God to help us to see Christ in others.  As I read that I thought about a book I read early in my marriage, called Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, at one point he asks us to do the same with our spouse, to see Jesus in them and serve them like we would Jesus. This really motivated me to serve my husband, to love and respect him as I should, even when I didn't want too (not that I don't struggle with that still at times but this book and thought process really helped). Today I am wondering how different my service to others would look if I took that attitude with everyone. If I treated everyone with the same kind of service that I would give Jesus?
       I can say for sure that I would probably serve a lot more, and with a lot less complaining if I took that attitude with everyone, if I saw Yeshua in everyone and treated them with the kind of respect I would give God. And I know that's true because as I said it changed my marriage to treat my husband that way, and it actually made me a lot happier at work when I took on the attitude that no matter what or where I was working I was working for God. I became happier in my service, I became more honest and I tried harder to please. I have gone above and beyond and all because I work for and want to please my God, so how much more will I do when I start seeing the Lord in those around me?
       I know it won't always be easy, some people make it difficult to love them, but as I start today I start it with a heart and mind that wants to serve others as I would serve my God if He were standing before me. Today I make the decision to not only pray that others see God's light in me and that I can serve them as if  I see Jesus in them, but to try my best to live that out. Today I make the conscious decision to love others as God has loved me and go above and beyond in that, just like I would for the God who gave His only son so that I may have life. Be Blessed brothers and sisters, in Yeshua's name.

Matthew 5:44-48   
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 25:34-40
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’  “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’   “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Philippians 2:4
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others

Colossians 3:14   
And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.

1 John 4:7-8   
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment