Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Always there is a reason to rejoice!

     Life is so crazy, and feelings are so fleeting! Just last week everyday was a struggle to keep my head on right, to stay positive, to not get frustrated or overwhelmed. Then today I feel like I am cloud nine! I see things moving forward in positive directions in all aspects of my life. And in all reality nothing at all has changed except my perception of things.
    At some point over my four day weekend I went from being frustrated with the slow pace of making progress with the coffee shop and my book to being grateful I have made progress! And once I started looking at what I've accomplished so far versus what still needs to be done, I felt amazing! I felt blessed and positive again, and more determined than before!
     I am starting to realize perception is a great tool for either side, God can lift you up and make you great, but if you are not careful satan will use those samethings that God meant to prosper you to frustrate, overwhelm, and steal that joy. And he does it for good reason, if we lose hold of God's hope and allow the frustration and negativity to enter and take hold, he can stop us from fulfilling our destiny.
     I realize now, standing on the other side of it, that's exactly what was happening last week, what should be a blessing in my life was becoming overwhelming and causing many doubts and fears within me. But as I stood in faith and reminded myself what the truth was I got through it, not without a struggle, but I did it.
     I am not writing this to brag about my faith, because honestly I have a long way to go, I consider myself to still be very young and immature in my faith, do I know the journey ahead is long. I shared this, and other little testimonies, because I hope to help people see God's love is there regardless, it's just up to us to choose to see it. I share these testimonies because I am hoping someone can see themselves and relate to what I am writing, and maybe if I am really blessed I can help bring someone to God, or support those who have already found him.
     Please, don't allow your joy to be stolen, know in your heart that there is always something to be thankful for, always there is a reason to rejoice! Your happiness and mental well being  is too important to allow it to be stolen by people or circumstances, I hope we all choose to recognize our blessings today and denounce the fears and doubts. Blessings to all!

Psalm 68:3
But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God;  may they be happy and joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment