Sunday, March 2, 2014

Just thinking things out

     Sitting in the quiet with my thoughts before anyone else is up is often my favorite way to spend a Saturday morning, or any morning really. I enjoy quiet time to read and reflect, it's nice to be alone with God. This morning we stayed home from church, and its snowing again. Nick is sleeping and I am reading and thinking about the coffee shop. My mind is pretty much fixated there lately, it's either the shop or my book. I'm really curious to see where these things are going to lead.
      I believe the coffee shop is going to do well in the long run, but I think the first couple years are going to be tough. And I honestly don't know how my book will go, but I hope well. By well I should clarify I don't expect to make a fortune as a writer, I just hope to help support my income. I would really like to see this blog and my books help me to support my family. I have a job that pays well, but opening a store means Nick will be quitting his job and as we may not have any income from the store right away I think it's important that we do what we can to get ahead now, and have things in place to help with the income when we get to that point.
     One big thing I know right now that I need to do is quit spending. I don't go crazy or anything but lately I have made a bunch of little purchases that weren't really neccasary, I bought stuff just because I could. It's a bad habit I get into whenever I'm nervous. It's retail therapy on a small scale. It's the things like driving home from work and stopping somewhere and picking up a soda, I don't need it, I have soda at home. But I do it anyway, wasting money that I actually need, just to get that shopping high. Or like last week, I bought a dress. It was only $17, but I didn't need it.
     I think I am going to start not carrying more than $20 on me again as a way to curb my spending. I am going to get myself undercontrol, so I can really build for the future.

Proverbs 16:32
Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self control than one who takes the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment