Thursday, March 27, 2014

Out of Town

     My mother in law has told my husband and I for as long as I have known that we have gypsy souls. She says this because we don't like to stay in one place for too long, whether its jobs, or homes we like to keep moving and don't really put down any roots wherever we are. We tend to get very restless being in one place and that's how I'm feeling now. It's really not a surprise since we have lived in our house for two years this month, which is the longest I have lived anywhere since I turned 18.
      Moving right now just isn't really an option, and besides that our rent is at a really good price for where we live and everything that comes with it. I just feel like I need to get out of town, I need to go do something different, or see something different! I guess this long winter of being trapped inside stirred that gypsy soul awake because I am craving freedom! I need an adventure! I need to get away! Even in my dreams we are camping or traveling, I need something out of the ordinary.
      I know opening the coffee shop, and my book are big adventures, and I really feel like that should be enough for me, but I think because these are more of a process kind of things where you do a little at a time and don't necessarily see results right away is why I still feel the need. Or maybe these things are exactly why I do feel this need. These are big grown up things we are attempting, it's serious. And, in a lot of ways, I don't feel like a grown up. I still feel like a teenager trying to find my way, and spread my wings! I'm excited by the things I am doing, but I am afraid too.
      I want to take this leap of faith that it will work, and honestly my spirit says it will, but my mind is another story and all the chaos inside me makes me want to run away! And maybe that  is exactly what is needed, maybe my gypsy soul is telling me to get away for a few days, go see something different, take a break and get some clarity. I think pretty soon it will be time to get out of town for a while, see something different, relax my mind, take a break, and get a new perspective.

Romans 8:26
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

No comments:

Post a Comment