Saturday, March 1, 2014

Natures Hold

     Today is the first day it's warm enough in months to go for hike. It'll just be a short one but its so needed. The outdoors, the woods specifically, have always been where I feel my best. Something about being in the middle of nowhere, all alone with God, my thoughts, and my soulmate. It's more powerful than a revival service to me. It's worship in a bare bones state.
      I have had a love affair with nature since I was child, I am just simply drawn to it. The best memories from childhood are those where I was walking or playing in the woods with my family and friends or camping. And even as an adult, my favorite times are the times I spend in the woods. It was my refuge in my teens years, when things got crazy and I needed to escape from my town, I would go for a short walk and end up in the woods on the edge of town. It's always been the best place for me to think. To clear my mind and refocus things. Life is better when I am able to get outside and free my mind.
     I am so ready for this! Time to worship.

John 4:24
God is Spirit, and his worshippers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment