Thursday, March 6, 2014

Growth

     Everyday is a  new chance and if we are willing to let go of yesterday we have the opportunity for great things today. I had a very long tough day yesterday, but that doesn't mean today has to be the same way. Taking care of infants can be very challenging somedays, like yesterday, because they can be upset, or sick, or just over tired, but they can't tell us. It makes for a long exhausting day; trying everything you know how to do to make them comfortable. After all of that, I was very tired yesterday when I left work, but today is a new day and a beautiful morning! I'm hoping my little ones are feeling better today, but even if they are not it's okay, we all have bad days. At least I know most days are better!
     I had an interesting thought as I struggled yesterday to figure out what I could do to make things better, I thought about how much I desired for the precious souls in my care to be happy, to be comfortable, and healthy. I thought about how that's exactly what God wants and feels for us. We are His precious ones, and He desires those same things for us. But we have an advantage over infants, we can tell our Father what's making us uncomfortable. That doesn't mean God is going to take it away though, just like with my little ones. I know that my dear little charges don't like tummy time, it's uncomfortable and hard for them to hold their heads up for long periods right now, but I make sure they do it everyday anyway, because in the end it will make them strong, sometimes God does that with us too.
     The point of that is, sometimes we need to be uncomfortable, we need to get frustrated, so we can grow as individuals. And God as a loving care giver allows frustration, and uncomfortableness in our lives for that reason. Yesterday my babies were uncomfortable, and I was frustrated because I didn't know how to help. But they grew, they learned that I will do what I can for them and that they can trust their caregiver, and I learned I can be frustrated, but I can also accept that sometimes I can't do anything but accept what's happening is out of my control, a tough lesson for me. So, armed with lessons from yesterday and a positive attitude about today, I'm ready to praise God, and spread love!

Hebrews 5:8
Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered.

No comments:

Post a Comment