Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Constant Thoughts

     I have constant thoughts of success,  I believe these kinds of constant thoughts that persist are from God. I believe that these kinds of thoughts are His way of calling you to your destiny. And I believe this in part from hearing many pastors say as much, and in part because I know that when I am working towards success I feel a peace in my spirit. When I am not working towards it and decide to give up and settle I'm miserable.
     To me success doesn't neccasarily mean being rich, it means being able to provide my family with a good life that is stable and comfortable. It means being able to give back to my family and help them as so many are struggling. It means being able to give generously to the poor and to the church. I want to help people, and I try to now, but I wish I had the means to help more. Someday I believe God will give me the opportunity! This is part of my constant thoughts, part of my dream, and my calling.
     I never knew until recently how I would reach this level of success, but I believe without doubting that the cafe will be how it's achieved. I spend about an hour or two everyday researching it, how to get funding, how to write a business plan, steps to opening a business, and all the legalities of it. I am constantly thinking about the where, the hours, the staff, the menu, the decor, and the how.
     I know Nick and I have a small amount of our own, but how to get the rest? $20,000 would be a good start, but $50,000 would probably get us to where we need to be to start. And with $50,000 I could quit my job too and work full time at the cafe, but as it looks now we may need my income to help support us as we get started. It would be nice if the bank would lend us the money, or we had investors. I trust that God will show us which way to go, I know somehow, someway it'll all get figured out. For now I need to take these constant thoughts and remind myself one step at a time. I need to trust that when the time is right the money or the know how of how to get it will be there.
     Constant, persistent thoughts drive me. They give me hope. And remind me I have destiny, purpose, and a God who will not allow me to settle for less than He has intended for me.

1 Thessalonians 1:3
We remember before our God and father your work produced by faith, your labor produced by love, and your endurance proved by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment