Sunday, February 2, 2014

Busy mind keeping me awake

     I hate when I can't sleep, but most times I know the cause. I can never sleep when I feel like there is a project I should be working on. I just can't slow my mind down enough to relax and stay asleep. This was last night. I'm so focused on this project I have a hard time thinking about anything and I am now having a hard time sleeping too.
     I have a few tricks though I'm going to employ to get the rest I need before getting up before dawn and going to work. I'm going to watch an ASMR video tonight before bed, I know I will asleep then. But if I end up having trouble staying asleep, which was the other part of my sleeping dilemma, then I'll have to take a sleeping pill or drink some sleepy time tea the next night before bed.
     I hate drugging myself for sleep! Honestly, I hate most medications. The thought of using all these poteintly dangerous chemicals that are supposedly safe makes me nervous. I don't trust humans much, especially big pharma, but I do trust God. I admit I usually do end up taking one sleeping pill if I go for 3 days or more without good sleep, but really I'd prefer using natural remedies.
     I would totally love to meet someone or find a shoppe that I was comfortable going to where I could talk to and get advice from someone knowledgable in the natural medicines. My mother in law is good for that, but she doesn't live near by anymore. And it's really not my mother's thing.
     I guess if I have to break down what's actually happening in my life and what has been happening for a long time, I am steadily shifting away from mainstream beliefs. I am becoming a person who believes fully in the power of prayer, natural medicines, and miraclous healings. I am believing more and more in how our minds, and souls can heal our bodies by willing it so and with prayer. I believe in these things, but I don't endorse not seeking medical treatment when it's necessary. If you cut off your finger, don't pray that it will magically grow back, get your butt to the emergency room! God gave us doctors for a reason!
     See, it's not that I don't trust doctors. I just don't trust the pharmicuatal industry, I feel like a lot of what they give us is really poison. Sure it 'cures' one thing but how many other problems does it cause? I just don't trust it, give me something God made over that of man any day. Him I trust. Him I know wants to help me. Him I know loves me, and He has made promises to care for me, I just have to put my faith and love in Him.
    I guess my not sleeping rant turned into an anti-prescription drug rant. But that happens when you're sleepy. I'm going to try to nap some now before Nick gets up and we are ready to get stuff done. God bless all who have read this!

1 Peter 5:7
Cast  all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment