Friday, February 14, 2014

Respect for Marriage

     I have put up several comments over time about men being too bold in their approach to me, and it has slowed down some. But it does continue and it leaves me wondering, where is the respect for marriage? Why does it mean nothing to some people? Why do people feel its okay to call another person's spouse? Why is it seen as okay to have sexual conversations with someone other than your spouse? Why do they feel that because its on the Internet and not in real life that this is acceptable? Why is adultery portrayed on television and movies as being as being popular, common, and exciting? Am I the only one who is upset by this?
     I believe marriage is total dedication and loyalty to my spouse, because we are one flesh(Genesis 2:24). He is first after God, and my time with him so precious, he is precious to me, a gift from God that I am everyday grateful for! And because of that it sickens me to be approached by people on the internet or in real life by those who want to insert themselves into my marriage. Then to have these people say it's all pretend, there's no harm in it so it's okay and my husband never has to know only makes me angrier! Do you not know that once sin is conceived in your mind it is allowed into your heart?! There is no difference in thought or action in God's eyes! There is a verse I know where Jesus says if you look at a woman and lust after her you have already committed adultery (Matthew 5:28)! I will not allow any man or woman to convince me otherwise because I know the truth and once the truth is in you it can't be convinced or shaken out of you.
     I belong to God first, and then to the man He gave me to, Nicholas Thorn. There is no room for any other, even if it's just 'pretend', I refuse to dishonor him in that way, or myself. A good husband deserves total loyalty and respect from his wife. I hope and pray that someday others will come to understand this. Marriage isn't about being loyal or respectful when it's good or convenient, it's a lifetime commitment to love, honor, and respect each other, it's a daily choice to do right by that person you have made a promise with! People need to learn and understand that when someone is in a committed relationship to back away, you have no place there, even in weak points. Marriage is to be held in honor and respected.

Mark 5:6-9
6 But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Hebrews 13:4
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous

No comments:

Post a Comment