Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pay it Foward

     Have you ever seen the movie 'Pay it Foward'? It's an older movie that I haven't seen in a long time to be honest, it's probably around 15 years old or so. The movie had a really beautiful idea in it that has always stuck with me, doing something kind for someone else for nothing in return except asking them to pay it forward, or in other words do something to help someone else.  I love this idea of helping people and asking them to do the same for someone else. How wonderful to pass blessings onto one another?
     Recently I have been thinking a lot about this idea. My husband and I don't have a lot, in fact what we make is still considered poverty level in the US, but we are doing so much better than we used too! I am reminded of this every time we go grocery shopping and I actually have to move stuff around in my cabinets, something we never had to do before because we only ever had enough to go week to week. And I felt blessed then! Now we have more, and though we are still not even lower middle class I want to give back. I want to pay it forward to someone else, to many someone else's if God grants me the opportunity!
     This idea of paying it forward is also part of our business plan, if we are able to secure the financing for our business we plan to use the first 10% of profit each quarter to bless according to God's will, whether it be through donations to charity, church, or helping someone we know in need. We have struggled, and we have gone without, now that things are starting to change in our lives we plan on giving back.
     I don't know who all is reading this, and I don't know what your situation is, I don't know if you believe in God, and at this moment that's not the point. What I am doing however, is asking that if you are reading this please consider 'paying it forward'. Wouldn't this world be a much better place to live in if we all started to do kind things for one another simply to be kind? It all starts with one act of kindness. It doesn't have to be something big, it can be as simple as buying a cup of coffee for someone who looks cold, or giving up your seat on the bus to someone who needs it more. Do an act of kindness and maybe change someone's heart.

2 Samuel 2:6
May The Lord now show you kindness and faithfulness, and I to will show you the same favor because you have done this.

No comments:

Post a Comment