Friday, February 21, 2014

Pursuing Dreams

       A year ago I never would have thought I'd be where I am now, or doing what I am. It's amazing how a year changes things! A year ago I was ok and settled into my life, things weren't perfect but I had taken a new job that I liked very much, and was getting on track with my mental health. I didn't see that my life would ever be any different at that point. I wasn't writing then, and I didn't believe I ever could get published like I dreamed. Our coffee shop idea had long since faded away as something we had talked about doing but probably never would. We were talking about houses and babies, but didn't really have any direction.
       Now things are quite different! My mental health has improved so much! I haven't been this confident or self-assured in my entire life. I have another new job that pays better and allows me more time to write, and to quit my second job! Because of the new job being salary we took the coffee shop idea back out and started working on, and will soon start trying to build funding via, gofundme.com! Houses and babies are on the back burners for now, but I defiantly still see them in our future.
       It feels great to have a hopeful future for the first time, in a long time. It feels great to see my hard work and determination paying off, even if its just a little at a time. I really think all this kind of connects, and feeds into each other. My improved mental health and moods made me want to try more, I no longer wanted to settle for the 'this is life, just deal with it' attitude, instead I started to go after the life I want with a vengeance. Now that I am pursuing my dreams I feel fulfilled, because I feel fulfilled my mood continues to improve, and as it improves so does my quality of life.
     I think I have finally figured it out!

Proverbs 18:20
From the fruit of their mouth a person's stomach is filled; with the harvest of their lips they are satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment