Monday, February 3, 2014

So much to think about!!

     Working towards opening a business is pretty thought consuming. I can hardly think of anything else. My mind is racing with all the stuff we need to figure out. This is something completely out of both our elements,  something we've never done before. But something I feel we will do well at once we figure it all out. It's going to take time and hard work to even get the money to open the cafe, but it'll be worth it.
      We've been talking a lot about what we want to do about profits, and how we want to give back. It's important to us that we give 10% of the profit to the church and charity. We believe that the first 10% is God's money and meant to help others. So even before we open our doors we know that not everything we make will we keep. This is important to us. We have struggled, and are doing okay now. We want to give back. I sincerely hope that this cafe will give us the opportunity to do so.
     There are many aspects of the business we are still working out and trying to put together. Employees is one such thing, will I keep my nanny job for stabile income or quit and work full-time at the cafe? Will we get investors or a bank loan? What about hiring family? How much to lease a store and how much room will we need? How much will equipment cost be and what will our monthly expense budget be like?
      I guess it's one step at a time. We need to look at one thing at a time, answer that question then move on. We need to work at a steady pace and keep focused. It's a new adventure, something scary and wonderful at the same time. It'll be a dream come true if we can do it, and I'm sure we can! I've heard it said that God won't put a dream in your heart without giving you everything you need to acheive it. He came through for all my dreams so far, so I'm not doubting Him now! I just need to remind myself to move at a steady pace, don't let every question bombard my mind and overwhelm me. Just look at one thing at a time, slow and steady wins the race!

Genesis 28:20-22
Then Jacob made a vow saying, "if God will be with me and watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear so that I return safely to my father's household, then the Lord will be my God, and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God's house, and of  all that you give me I will give you a tenth."

No comments:

Post a Comment