Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Unknown Future

     The future can be a scary place, there is so much uncertainity there. We think we know what is going to happen and life throws something at us we didn't expect and we are left scrambling to get it under control. That's how I feel with this business sometimes. It is something we want, and have dreamed about, but the reality of trying to make it happen can be overwhelming. We've never run our own business before and aren't really sure of what we are doing.
     We are blessed though, our family is super supportive of us and so are my employers which I really didn't expect. It's actually pretty awesome how many people have told us its a great idea and something kind of needed in our area. And we've had a couple people who have run their own businesses offer to give us advice, which is something we desperately need! The book we bought is helping and I am really trying to push our gofundme.com page. I'd really like to stay out of debt as much as possible, but it may be unavoidable.
      I don't quite know what to expect in this new year and that's kind of scary to me. But I am willing to walk into the unknown, I'm willing to follow this path and see where it takes us. I've stopped myself from going after things I wanted before because I was scared, and it cost me. It was a big mistake, one I won't repeat. I feel like if I take this path of uncertainties it will lead to something, and I know where the other path leads and I don't want to settle. I love being a nanny, but I don't want to spend my whole life working for someone else, I feel like I was meant to do more than that. So I will push forward.
     I'm only 26, but I've decided I'd rather walk into a future unknown and learn to handle this new life, new business, and new challenges than stay in a stagnant life that doesn't feel like its reaching its potential.

Proverbs 23:18
There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment