Monday, February 24, 2014

Financing a Dream

     It's really scary, hard, and confusing trying to figure out how to get the financing for our dream.  We know we have a good idea, but how do we convince someone else? I'm working on trying to learn how to write a business plan. But I've never done this before, and we don't have perfect credit so I'm scared the bank won't give us a small business loan, besides all we have as collateral is our cars and they aren't brand new.
     I wanted to try gofundme.com because I hope that by networking and encouraging people to donate we can minimize, or if we are really blessed eliminate, what we have to borrow from a bank. Either way it'll certainly help get us going in the right direction. And I know regardless, somehow, someway, we'll get the financing. I trust that God is looking out for us, and that He will help us reach our goal. I believe this is the direction He intends for us to go and I am willing to follow and do all that I can to acheive it.
     The Green Room Coffee Shop will be an asset to our area where teens need somewhere to go for fun in a safe environment. We plan on serving pastries, sandwiches, bagels, pizza bagels, pretzels, soups, chips, sodas, coffees, and teas. We plan on open mic nights, live performances once a month, and other special events. We want to make a cool place to hang out with friends, listen to music, and use free wifi, lol.  But besides what the shop itself would be it would provide a living for our family, and help us to feel more independent, and proud. It's been hard finding decent jobs with the economy around here, but we feel that by starting a business we can put to use the experience we've both gained from doing managers positions and working in the food service industry. And maybe add something to our local economy, especially when we give back, we will be giving away 10% of our profit each quarter to charity.
     We aren't going to be able to do this alone though, and thankfully we have a supportive family and God. I trust He will put the right people in our path like +Bryan Bruce who donated to us,  and we are extremely grateful for! The road ahead is unclear, but I know where we are going. I know we can get there, I know we will.

http://www.gofundme.com/71e8vk

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of The Lord Jesus, giving 
thanks to God the Father through him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment