Saturday, February 22, 2014

Everyday is an Adventure

        I don't think I have ever seen a 5 year old wake up in the morning going 'ugh, it's another day.' Most little kids I've known wake up ready to go and excited about what the day might bring, with maybe a few minor exceptions like when they are sick or when they know they are going the doctors. This morning I was thinking about that and decided that I love this approach to life that children just naturally have. I love that they are always excited, always ready to explore and find out about the world around them, always ready to laugh and enjoy the day, sure they have tantrums and upsets when things don't go their way, but don't we? I realized as I thought about this that I miss being excited about life all the time like that. I realized that somewhere along the way of becoming an adult we lose our excitement for life and what I think it is, is that we start to expect the bad, or we get so used to things that we start to take them for granted and they lose their wonder, at least in our eyes.
     Whatever the case is, I decided yesterday that I wanted my excitement back. I want to wake up happy and excited to start another day, everyday just like a child. I want to wake up and recognize that everyday miracles are happening, that everyday is a gift. Everyday should be an adventure! Another chance to see and share the glory and gospel of our God! So starting with this morning I woke up and when the 'ugh' thoughts came in I pushed them back out, and thanked God for another day to enjoy His creation, and meet new people instead.
        I know we all get in to routines and ruts, but I think the reason that they bring us down so much is our spirits weren't meant to just exist. We are meant to glorify our King, to love each other, to love His creation, and take joy in it. We are meant to be happy, and to build up one another, share our joys, and not just our concerns, and to believe anything is possible with our God, because it is(Matthew 19:26)! When we stop putting limitations on God and ourselves, when we stop making excuses and  exercise our faith instead we start to see that God's smallest children have it right. When we start dreaming big, believing big, and praying big, you can start to understand it wasn't that life's excitement left, it's that we stopped looking for it. We stopped expecting it. For now on I am expecting it! I want my adventure back and I want to find out just how big God really is! I want to see His miracles, blessings, and mercies daily. I want to recognize that everyday is an adventure with the Lord, and one step closer to finally going home!

Proverbs 17:22        
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Philippians 4:4        
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.

Romans 15:13        
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment