Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Dreams to Plans

     Taking steps to make a dream reality is very thrilling! And very scary! Dreaming is easy, in the dreaming stage it's seems so safe, easy, and practical. Now that we are buying books on running a coffee shop and writing out our menu and ideas for the interior it's becoming more reality than dream.   It's very exciting, but I am nervous!
      It's not because I think we are going to fail, because I really think we can do it. We have a good idea blending things we have seen done in other coffee shops/cafés, and making it into something new and our own. Plus we both have experience in the food industry, and as I have been self employed before I am aware of the tax situation, and also have some insight on how to do taxes for employees we hire as well. Even my husband said it made sense to him now why he has been stuck in food service for so long, it gives us a good base knowledge to work off of. And the job I work now will give us the steady monthly income we can sure use to help support us while we get the business off the ground.
     In many ways it seems like this has all been part of God's plan for our life, which is way I have faith to do it. But it's scary going into the unknown, yes we have a basic knowledge but there is so much more to learn! And the money is the hardest thing, I know if God wants us to do this he'll make away for us, but where do we get the money!
     We thought about doing kickstarter.com, but we don't really have anything to give these people in return for their cash. There's the bank, but what do we do for collateral? Will we need a cosigner? What about investors? Who do you ask? Do they have a say in the company too? These are the questions that plague me. Everything else is manageable, everything else is do-able, but this seems to be a mountain that I have no idea how to climb. The best thing I know how to do is to pray, research, and ask questions to people I know. Eventually what we need to do for financing will present itself, and hopefully our business plan will be ready to show off then. It's all going to come together, of that I am sure.

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things unseen, in Holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment