Friday, February 14, 2014

Love and Family

     It's Valentines day and this morning as usual I was besieged with racing thoughts first thing in the morning that I had to work through and clear out. One of the many thoughts racing around in my head was how much I love, and get frustrated with, my big clannish family. I know lots of people probably feel the same about their family's.
     In particular I was thinking about how much we fight, I know that it's probably really silly to think about arguing on valentines day, but that's where my mind went. I can honestly say I am not one who is usually involved in the fights, but I am exposed to them often and usually get to hear both versions of the stories.
     The thing that has always struck me about my family and makes it hard to think about moving away, is that I know no matter what my family has my back. It's always been that way, no matter how much we fight or argue amongst ourselves we are always there when we need each other. No one from the outside could ever pull us a part, we would always do whatever we had to protect each other and to help one another. I believe that this is what family is supposed to be. This to me is love.
     Valentines day is supposed to be for romantic love, but today I am thinking of another love. The unconditional love of my family, my husband, and my Heavenly Father. I do not have a perfect life, but I have a life where there is a lot of love, and I have the blessing of a big crazy family who will always support me. There really isn't anything better than this.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear had to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment