Thursday, February 27, 2014

Picking myself back up after a fall

     Yesterday was a tough day, and really it was mostly because I let it be that way. Looking back at it, it was with the exception of one thing a pretty good day, but I let the one bad thing that happened taint everything else. If it had not happened I would have said yesterday was a great day.
     We all do it from time to time I suppose, we let one thing throw us off our game and cause us to lose focus of how blessed we really are. I should have spent the day happily playing with the kids at work and exploring my new windows tablet, but instead I was fuming over a situation I had no control over. I lost my focus, and forgot to be thankful. I sadly stayed that way most of the day, and even this morning had some left over frustration. I am pretty disappointed in myself, and that's what I am feeling mostly right now.
     But today is a new day and I have a choice to make, I can stay in yesterday and continue to feel frustrated and disappointed in myself, or I can decide right now to put all my effort into joy. I may not feel joyful in this moment but I am smiling and will wear this smile until I feel it. I may not want to exercise today, seriously I really don't feel like it, but I'm going to do it anyway because I know it will make me feel better afterwards. I don't feel like talking to anyone right now, not even God, but as soon as I'm done here I'm kneeling down before my Father and begging Him to pull away my hurt. I am choosing to do what I don't want to because I need too. If I want to be happy and live a healthy lifestyle I have too.
     The thing that motivates me on days like today where I am down and don't want to do anything but sulk, is that I don't want to feel bad anymore and I'm not going to let one bad day ruin all my hard work. I'm tired of hurting all the time, I'm tired of being sad, frustrated and disappointed. I want with all my heart to be better, and to feel better. So yesterday was a bad day, I failed at appreciating it, today I will not.

Psalm 118: 24
This is the day The Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment