Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Proud Moment

      I wrote a short time ago about how Proverbs 31, and my grandmother's gave me someone to look up to and how I would like to be a woman worthy of my little sister's respect and admiration. This week I was very moved and pleased because my sister told me she wanted to be like me when she grew up. I can not think of a higher compliment.
     My sister is only 13, but she has always instinctively been a good judge of character, better than myself usually. To have such a unique and wonderful individual look up to me is a blessing I can not begin to express. I look forward to seeing how she develops through these teenage years, and I will do my best not to fail her as a role model or big sister. I will be watching her to see how she sees me, and continually try to improve myself to be worthy of the admiration she has given me. I have always known she was watching me, but now I know she wants to be like me so that makes me want to be all the more conscious of my decisions.
     I am blessed and honored by her, and have been since the day she was born, she was a long awaited answer to my prayers that came when I needed her most. I had to grow up fast because of her, but I don't regret it for a second. I am so proud of my little sister, her wit, her silliness, her charm, and sense of style, her modesty, and morality all amaze me. She is an incredibly innocent soul and for a long time was the only light I saw in so much darkness. Her love, respect, and companionship means so much to me! She and my spouse are my constant reminders to be better, to do better, they are relying on me, trusting in me, and I don't want to fail them.
     Knowing that my sister is not only watching me, but desiring to be like me is an incredible responsibility, but I am finally at a point in my life where I feel like I can handle it. I feel like this is an honor and I know that so much of what she admires in me are things that God helped me to develop in my character which makes me so happy. I am for once in my life proud of the woman I am, and prouder that she wants to follow in my steps. I just hope that her path is less bumpy than my own.


Acts 28:10
They honored us in many ways; and when we were ready to sail, they furnished us with all the supplies we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment